No it’s not me this time :).
Sometime back I saw one of the best interviews that I’ve seen till now – that of Warren Buffet and Bill Gates at Columbia. I especially liked the answers given by Buffet, they were crisp and so insightful! That is not say any less about Bill Gates but Gates answers were more appealing on a technical side. It’s a very inspiring interview and I’ve recommended it to one and all. So I decided to post it here. Here’s the video:
There are statements by Warren Buffet which impart important teachings of life. Some of them which have stuck to the inner lining of my brain are:
- “I will guarantee, you will do well at whatever turns you on.”
- “It’s enormously important who you marry. It will make more difference in your life. It will change your aspirations, all kinds of things”.
- “If possible, go for an institution/organization that you admire.” Buffet took up his first job under Ben Graham as he admired him the most and didn’t even know his salary till he got his first paycheck!
- “Don’t pass up something that is attractive today because you think you will find something way more attractive tomorrow.” This may not be blindly applicable to all aspects of life but is a statement worthy of some deliberation. Buffet said this in context of picking the right stocks at the right time.
- “If the reason for doing something is everybody else is doing it, its not good enough. Forget it.”
- “Well, that’s 50 years of preparation and 5 minutes of decision making” – when asked about how he makes some rapid decisions sometimes in less than 5 minutes.
Hope you too enjoy this interview!