I’d bookmarked this recipe on Pinterest. So when I needed to make an appetizer for a big gathering I figured that this would be it! It’s really easy, hardly takes any time and was a crowd pleaser!! I know how many recipes can claim all three of those!
- Pillsbury Grands Jr Golden Layers – 3 cans
- Shredded cheddar cheese – around 1/2 cup
- finely chopped onions – according to taste
- finely chopped chillies – according to taste
- tomato kethcup
- chopped basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix cheese, onion and chillies. I say onion and chillies according to taste because I just winged it. So go by your instincts. I used approximately 1/4 cup onion and 1-2 tbsp chillies.
- Separate the layers of Grands. Line the bottom of each cupcake liner with a layer. I didn’t have enough muffin/cupcake pans to accommodate all. So I’d use the pan to line the cupcake liners and then put them on a baking sheet. It helped while lining that the liners were in the cupcake pan.
- Spread ketchup on each muffin using a spoon.
- Spread the mixture on the top.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes. Every oven is different so you should keep an eye.
- Garnish each muffin with chopped basil and you’re done!