Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Peanut butter

DSC_0001

Peanut butter is a staple in our pantry and so when I read in my food processor’s manual that I could make nut butters I thought why not try making peanut butter! It’s funny that I’d my old FP for more than years and all I did was chopped vegetables and knead dough. Now that I got a new bigger one, I’d to read the manual to make sure that I was utilizing my appliance to the fullest extent! And what do you know – it can solve all problems (except world hunger!). It can make nut butters, it can cut (french-style) beans, knead pizza dough and you name it.

Coming back to the point, you need peanuts and a food processor. If your peanuts are not salted then some salt too. You need roasted peanuts for this, I didn’t have dry roasted ones – which seem to be the recommended thing – so I just used what I had. I used the full bag and it gave me one jar of butter.

WP_20130810_008

This is how it looked in the FP

WP_20130810_009

and finally…

DSC_0006

It’s fun, easy and so satisfying to make your own peanut butter!

P.S. Hubby noticed that this peanut butter was easy to spread as compared to the one that we get from the store. I’m guessing this could be because of the oil used to roast the peanuts. I’ll let you know how it goes when I use the dry roasted peanuts.

No comments: