Thursday, September 19, 2013

Quick and Easy appetizer: Muffin/cupcake pizza

DSC_0015

I’d bookmarked this recipe on Pinterest. So when I needed to make an appetizer for a big gathering I figured that this would be it! It’s really easy, hardly takes any time and was a crowd pleaser!! I know how many recipes can claim all three of those!

Ingredients:

  • Pillsbury Grands Jr Golden Layers – 3 cans
  • Shredded cheddar cheese – around 1/2 cup
  • finely chopped onions – according to taste
  • finely chopped chillies – according to taste
  • tomato kethcup
  • chopped basil for garnish

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
  2. Mix cheese, onion and chillies. I say onion and chillies according to taste because I just winged it. So go by your instincts. I used approximately 1/4 cup onion and 1-2 tbsp chillies.
  3. Separate the layers of Grands. Line the bottom of each cupcake liner with a layer. I didn’t have enough muffin/cupcake pans to accommodate all. So I’d use the pan to line the cupcake liners and then put them on a baking sheet. It helped while lining that the liners were in the cupcake pan.
  4. Spread ketchup on each muffin using a spoon.
  5. Spread the mixture on the top.
  6. Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes. Every oven is different so you should keep an eye.
  7. Garnish each muffin with chopped basil and you’re done!

No comments: