Waffles are our latest faves! They are easy, quick to make and delicious!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups reduced fat milk
- 1/2 a banana, mashed
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- handful of almonds (or any other nuts that you like), finely chopped
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a hand mixer (or by hand if you want).
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Use little less than 1/2 cup of batter to make one waffle if you don’t want it to overflow on the sides and are fine with a few holes in the waffle. If you want a perfect round and are fine with cleaning the mess of overflowing then take a 1/2 cup. Pour over pre-heated waffle iron. Bake till ready! Tastes delicious with maple syrup. When we don’t add banana in the mix, we top it with banana slices.