One day I had a craving to bake a rich chocolate cake – by rich I mean it should ooze chocolate! So I started scavenging for it a recipe on allrecipes.com and came across this one which looked pretty easy.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.I used a round approx 6-7” pan and a loaf pan as I didn’t want to make a big huge cake.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternately with the milk. Once all of the ingredients have been incorporated, mix on high speed of an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The time may vary from oven to oven, it took me around 45 mins.