This is one of the quickest indian sweets to make. As we all know, indian sweets require a lot of labor to get the perfection. So such recipes are always welcome! I got this recipe from my friend R who in turn got it from here. The pedas are delectable!
- Instant Dry Milk (Milk Powder) - 2 cups (150gm). I used the Nestle Nilo Whole Milk powder
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1, 14oz can (396gm)
- Unsalted Butter - 1, 4oz stick (113gm)
cardamom powder - to taste(I didn’t have any so I skipped this but I’m sure it would add a wonderful flavor)
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the butter.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring very well after every minute.
- After the 3 minutes, mix well again and leave aside for the mixture to cool down enough to handle. I put the mixture in the fridge, as suggested by R, and it took it out after 15 or so minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, make small balls and gently press the balls and flatten them to shape. When I made the balls the mixture hadn’t completely cooled down.
- I pressed the fork horizontally and then vertically to give a criss-cross pattern on the pedas.
- Decorate them with colored sugar, almonds, cashews, pistachios or raisins.
- Let the pedas set and cool down. Again I kept them in the fridge overnight.