I got this recipe from Cook With Love and must say this was my best experience with a recipe tried for the first time! The banana bread came out perfect, in fact DH and I kept comparing it to the Banana Walnut loaf that Starbucks sells :). Believe me, it WAS that good!
The crust has a slight crisp texture and the inside was soft and moist! Since I had 2 bananas, I scaled the recipe to 2/3rd and that seemed to suffice for 2+ persons.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 bananas
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional), I’d 1/4 cup and that seemed fine.
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Mash the bananas.
- Add sugar and yogurt to it.
- Add butter, salt, and flour. Mix well.
- Add Baking Soda, milk, vanilla essence and walnuts. Stir till everything is well blended.
- Pour this batter in a greased bread tin and bake for about 50-60 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted comes out dry.