Using public transportation has many advantages, personal as well as societal:
- Saves gas.
- Saves you the hassle of driving and facing traffic.
- Gives you time to do anything you enjoy doing during your commute.
- In most cases would turn out to be cheaper. The cost of driving your own vehicle is not just the cost of fuel, it also included cost of maintenance, insurance, etc. To calculate the actual cost of driving you can use this calculator.
- Reduces the depreciation on your vehicle.
- Reduces the cost of maintenance of your vehicle.
- Reduces number of vehicles on the road and hence decreasing traffic jams.
For those who're looking for some information on how to commute using the coaster: most of the stations have the facility to park your car at the station of origin and from the destination station there are a number of shuttles which is most cases will drop you off next to your office. These shuttles are free if you're using the coaster. A single day ticket might be a little expensive but it's worth when on days of the week when you encounter long traffic jams. A monthly pass is very reasonable if you decide to use the coaster daily. The best part of these shuttles is that they are for the coaster commuters so they leave as soon as the commuters have boarded and hence there's no wait. Similarly, their return time is scheduled such that they drop you off just in time for your coaster. Another advantage of using the coaster is the beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean you get to see.