What you'll need:
1 cup Til/Sesame
1/2 cup khoya (I use the frozen khoya available at Indian stores)
3/4 cup sugar
chopped nuts, optional
- Roast the sesame till golden brown at medium-low heat otherwise you run the risk of burning sesame. Keep stirring almost continuosly.
- Grind the roasted sesame seeds.
- If you're using frozen khoya, thaw it. Roast it till it starts leaving oil. This takes around 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients with hand. Run the mixture through your fingers to ensure that it mixes well.
- Take a small amount in your hand, press it with your palms to form a solid and then shape it like a ball.
- To give a smooth texture, put the ball in a small bowl and rotate the bowl continuously for a minute.