What you'll need
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Rava/Sooji - 2 tbsp
Besan - 2 tbsp
Fresh methi - 1 bunch
Jaggery, finely grated - 1tsp
Sesame seeds (Til) - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Garlic - 6 cloves
Green chillies - 3
Red chilly powder
Salt to taste
- Wash the methi well, pluck only the leaves and chop it finely.
- Grind the garlic, ginger and green chillies into a paste.
- Mix the wheat flour, rava, besan, methi, ginger garlic paste and everything else except the oil. Knead it into a soft roti-like dough with curd.
- Keep the dough aside for an hour.
- Make small balls and roll them out (slightly thicker than fulka roti).
- Then fry them on a griddle(tava) using a few drops of oil, like the usual parantha.
- They are typically served with a light touch of ghee(optional), curd, chutney and/or chhoondo.