Monday, May 7, 2007

Five Dysfunctions of a Team

Author: Patrick M. Lencioni

I liked this book because it has that feel-good touch. I like all such stories where everything is amiss in the beginning but things start falling into place with every page and are picture-perfect by the end. Makes me feel so good :). I think that's because it gives me the feeling that anything can be set right!

That was all I liked about the book, there's lots that I didn't. I found the writing-style and the font size quite childish. There is this particular font size, if a book has a font size larger than that then I feel that the book is targeted towards a kid-audience. When I read in it's short description that it was a fable, immediately Paul Coelho's "Alchemist" came to my mind and I was very eager to read this book; but I think I'd set a very high standard. "Alchemist" is way too profound. Even Dale Carnegie's self-help books are better than this. The points he talks about are probably quite true but the presentation is not good. It was interesting in the beginning when there was suspense but after a certain point it became all too predictable without giving any good insights.

Bottomline: An Ok read.


No comments: