What do you do when one of you likes vanilla and the other likes chocolate? Well marry the two and make marble cake, of course!
This was mostly made by DH but I did find the recipe - so I can take credit for that :). The cake was very tasty - nice and moist; and a good balance of vanilla and chocolate. Here's the recipe. I halved the recipe.
- 4oz butter , softened
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz self-raising flour
- 1.5 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- The recipe suggested that once could go the easy route and put everything in a food processor and blend. There are very things in life that have an easy route. So when you get one jump on it! That's what we did - blend everything except the cocoa powder.
- Divide the mixture into two.
- Add cocoa powder to one part.
- Put globs of vanilla mixture into the loaf pan and intersperse them with the chocolate layer. Continue to layer in this manner till all batter is used up.
- Using a skewer to make swirls - you could draw vertical lines from one end of the pan to the other to make the swirls. Don't go overboard with the swirls or you'll end up mixing the vanilla and chocolate.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes and you've a yummy marble cake ready!