Monday, July 9, 2012

Can you keep a secret?

That’s a novel by Sophie Kinsella Smile. I read it recently and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

It revolves around what Emma does when she loses her engagement ring –which is supposed to be a family heirloom and her discoveries and adventures on the way.

Yes that’s all I can tell you about it without revealing too much Smile. When I was reading the book I thought to myself – if I were to summarize this book I would do so in just one sentence and yet I was reading this book which had hundreds of pages. It’s not just the theme of the book, it’s the way Sophie Kinsella writes. You almost feel as if you’re having a dialog with her. Her style is so easy going. Oh and then I simply loved Emma’s character! There’s something about her which makes her adorable. She’s friendly, unassuming and insouciant. Her attitude to take life a day at a time appealed to me a lot! All of this makes the book very engaging. Left to myself I would’ve read this book in one sitting!

If you’re looking for some light reading then this is the book for you! I highly recommend it!

No comments: