Monday, July 16, 2012

Banana ice cream

It appears that PNW is going to have a real summer this year so I’m trying to put my ice cream maker to some good use. I saw this recipe at the Chiquita website and loved the fact that there were so few ingredients involved. I apologize for the blurry picture – I too it with my phone just before the traces of the ice cream were about to disappear. Needless to say DH and I loved the ice cream!

WP_20120709 1

Ingredients:

  1. 2 bananas
  2. 1 cup Heavy cream
  3. 1/2 cup sugar
  4. 1/2-1 tsp lemon juice
  5. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (forgot to add this)

Method:

  1. Blend all the ingredients in a blender to a smooth consistency.
  2. Make ice cream using your ice cream maker – per the manufacturer’s instructions.
  3. I then froze it. When freezing cover your container with plastic wrap before putting the lid on. This will prevent the ice crystals from forming on the ice cream.

No comments: