Monday, April 12, 2010

Eggless Chocolate Chip waffles!

If you were to look at my last post, you would think that I’m on an eggless recipe hunt :). It’s just that I prefer to cook things which require ingredients that I already have and by using eggless recipe I avoid one more ingredient in the house, it is healthier and feels good. Though I’m not sure if I would be able to find recipes for eggless-everything :).

Anyway, before I found this recipe I’d tried making eggless waffles using another one from the net and it was so bad that I vowed to never try eggless waffles again. However, on coming across this one I couldn’t resist :) and had to try it! I’m glad I did because they taste absolutely delicious!! So much better than the regular recipe listed in my cuisinart manual. I can eat these waffles just like that, without any syrup/topping!

DSC04752

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz all purpose flour
  • 2 1/2 level tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 4 tbsp melted butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • Chocolate chips, according to taste. To give a rough idea, I must’ve used 1/4 cup or less.

Method:

  1. Heat the waffle maker.
  2. Mix all the ingredients together except butter and chocolate chips.
  3. Add butter. If you add butter in the beginning, it forms lumps with the flour. Even after adding it in the second step, there might be small lumps, that’s ok; but remove all the big lumps, if any.
  4. Add the chocolate chips.
  5. Make the waffles as per the directions of your waffle maker.

Note: The original recipe asks to keep the batter for 2-3 hours. I never remember to do that but still like the taste of the waffles. I intend to try this next time.

2 comments:

Tea Time Consultants said...

Looks yummy!

Emily said...

I just made these with carob chips instead of chocolate chips since my son is allergic to dairy. They are delicious!