If you were to look at my last post, you would think that I’m on an eggless recipe hunt :). It’s just that I prefer to cook things which require ingredients that I already have and by using eggless recipe I avoid one more ingredient in the house, it is healthier and feels good. Though I’m not sure if I would be able to find recipes for eggless-everything :).
Anyway, before I found this recipe I’d tried making eggless waffles using another one from the net and it was so bad that I vowed to never try eggless waffles again. However, on coming across this one I couldn’t resist :) and had to try it! I’m glad I did because they taste absolutely delicious!! So much better than the regular recipe listed in my cuisinart manual. I can eat these waffles just like that, without any syrup/topping!
- 8 oz all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 level tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- Chocolate chips, according to taste. To give a rough idea, I must’ve used 1/4 cup or less.
- Heat the waffle maker.
- Mix all the ingredients together except butter and chocolate chips.
- Add butter. If you add butter in the beginning, it forms lumps with the flour. Even after adding it in the second step, there might be small lumps, that’s ok; but remove all the big lumps, if any.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Make the waffles as per the directions of your waffle maker.
Note: The original recipe asks to keep the batter for 2-3 hours. I never remember to do that but still like the taste of the waffles. I intend to try this next time.