Friday, March 2, 2018

White Girl Problems

Author: Babe Walker

It has been a long time since I read a book full of humor. So one day I started searching on Amazon for highly rated books in the humor section. I believe I came across “White Girl Problems” then.

To be honest, I’ve never found a book as painful to read as this. It was as if I was reading chapter after chapter of nothing. Maybe the humor was not what I’m used to because I hardly laughed on anything in this book. I think the last chapter was probably the best. I could see how the situations could be so hilarious but the way they were expressed they didn’t seem funny to me. There were times when I felt sorry for the protagonist. Clearly that was not what I was expecting from this book.

I think FWP (First World Problems) or in this case White Girl Problems, would either irate you because there are bigger problems in the world to worry about or bore you because there are bigger problems in the world that interest you more. However if expressed rightly they do appear funny a lot of times! For example the meme below (courtesy: me.me) is funny to me:

white-girl-problems-starbucks-spelled-my-name-wrong-16257187

Well if you have reached till here to still see what I say about this book then my recommendation is do not waste your time on it Sad smile. The only good thing was that it didn’t take me too long to read this book.

No comments: