I’m always looking for simple and quick desserts. This quick pots de crème from King Arthur fit the bill perfectly!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream (I’d fresh cream so I used that)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Place the chocolate chips, salt, sugar, and espresso powder in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely ground.
2) Add the egg and pulse just until the mixture is smooth.
3) Heat the cream to just below a boil, with small bubbles forming around the edge of the saucepan (or microwave-safe bowl).
4) Turn on the processor, and slowly add the cream. Scrape down the sides of the container if necessary. Add the flavoring of your choice and pulse to blend.
5) Divide into 6 individual serving cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
It was liked by one and all! Can you see the little white thing towards the bottom of the bowl? I’d some ladyfingers stashed in the freezer. I thought this would be a good time to use them. Turned out it wasn’t a bad idea!
If you’re running low on the clock and looking for a yummy chocolate dessert then look no further