Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chocolate Hazelnut Banana pie

IMG_20130105_175028

I’ve been trying out a lot of pies lately. Nothing fancy or elaborate – just simple, quick and easy pies. Since this is the first time I’m meddling with pies I wanted to try simple first, understand them and then go to the more complex ones. My experience with the simpler ones has been absolutely great! Not only are they easy to make but they’re so tasty! The only catch – don’t look at the calories when you bite into them!

The recipe for this pie came from here. There are a few things I adapted based on what I had in my pantry.

  • 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
  • 1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.)
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
  • 1 cup cold milk
  • 1/2 cup nutella
  • Some chopped roasted almonds
  1. Whisk chocolate and 1/2 cup COOL WHIP until well blended. Spread onto bottom of crust; top with bananas.
  2. Beat dry pudding mix, milk and chocolate-hazelnut spread in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in remaining COOL WHIP; spread over bananas.
  3. Refrigerate 3 hours.

No comments: